Vaping and diffusing cannabinoids has become one of the most popular ways to consume cannabinoids over the past decade. While the technology of the vaping devices, such as cartridges and disposable vape devices, has improved significantly during that time there are still some clogging issues occurring. The reason for this is that cannabinoid oil is very thick and viscous, which means that it requires a very special type of diffusion technology to be able to diffuse it properly for vaping.
How to fix a clog
Your cartridge can clog from a variety of reasons, it could be that the oil got too cold, or the oil itself is too thick. Whatever the reason, if you’re trying to use your cartridge and when you inhale you notice zero airflow here are some things you can try:
- Get a variable voltage battery that has a preheat setting. Screw your cartridge onto your battery and put it on the preheat setting (typically by pressing the button on your battery twice until the light stays on) for 10 – 15 seconds and try to inhale as you’re 10 or so seconds into the preheat process.
- Put the cartridge upright in any environment that is warmer (at least 90 degrees). Let it set for an hour in this environment and then attach it to your battery and attempt another inhale.
With disposable devices they are all in one, meaning your power source, atomizer, coil system, etc. Is all contained so no battery is needed. Typically disposable clogs happen in the stem or the coil (heating area). Essentially, you just need to clear the clog out of the heating reservoir. Try this:
- Grab a tool that can fit in the hole of the mouthpiece and is at least 3″ long (e.g. tooth pick, paper clip, etc.) and stick it down the mouthpiece and clear out any of the cannabinoid oil that is in there.
- If your disposable has a button (instead of breath activated) with a preheat mode try preheating for 10 – 20 seconds and then start trying to suck on the mouthpiece.
- Put the disposable device upright in any environment that is warmer (at least 90 degrees). Let it set for an hour in this environment and then try to use it again.
We hope this helps you fix your vaping device and you can continue to enjoy!
More questions? Contact us here.